View Single Post
Old January 26, 2020, 03:10 PM   #27
kilotanker22

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. O'Heir View Post
Browning has been marketing based on the name for eons. Ruger is getting that way. Savage is and always has been the best bang for your buck based on out of the box accuracy.
"...6.5 Creedmoor or 6.5 PRC..." Think I'd go Creedmoor just because the ammo and brass is more readily available. And the 6.5 PRC is a Hornady proprietary cartridge that is only loaded by Hornady and No$ler at this time. Midway shows 70 loads for the Creed.
They also show only Hornady brass for the PRC. Six brands for the Creed.
Either way, if you opt for the PRC, buy as much brass as you can afford at the same time. The Marketing MBA's running Hornady(et al) think nothing of discontinuing stuff with no regard for their existing customers. Having a pile of brass means you won't get stuck.
I agree with Basically everything said here. The Brass problem you brought up is a good tip. I plan to buy at least 500 pieces at a time.
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine

Page generated in 0.02841 seconds with 8 queries