View Single Post
Old January 12, 2019, 01:43 PM   #42
F. Guffey

Quote:
I've posted these pics many times in threads talking about this very thing and will again here .
And you did it all by yourself

But in the big inning measuring the gap between the bottom of the die and shell holder was a technique to determine if the case had more resistance to sizing than the press, die and lube could overcome. The next time you take credit remind reloaders the press was adjusted to the shell holder with an additional 1/4 turn (that was back when every reloader knew the instructions instructed the reloaders the non cam over press was adjusted differently than the cam over press. I have shared the instructions with other members of this forum, the date if printing on the instructions go back to 1962 and before. The company that printed the instructions were making bullets in 1954 and the best way to get a job with that company was to check the application 'yes' when asked if you could make a reamer.

And then? I suggested using feeler gages when adjusting the die to size cases. You were not there, I know you were not there because you never spoke up on my behalf.

The feeler gage is still more than the reloader can deal with. I noticed on another forum a moderator is using valve spring shims. If I did that I would give Skip's shims credit. I was the one that suggested Skip's Shims were not necessary, I also suggested Redding with their competition shell holders are not necessary. I claimed I could size cases for long chambers and short chambers and cases to length from the shoulder to the case head in thousandths with nothing more than a mechanics/machinist feeler gage set.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02964 seconds with 8 queries