View Single Post
Old November 2, 2000, 04:54 PM   #8
Gunslinger

Matt, miraculously the bullet actually bounced off of my chest. I went over backwards but I do not think it was as a result of the impact of the bullet....or it's "knock down power". I believe that it was more a combination of my lunging backwards (trying to instinctively create as much distance as possible between myself and the gun) and the psychological shock (not impact shock) of what was happening.
To give a clearer understanding; My partner and I were working under cover narcotics. We had met with one of the perpitrators (the shooter) earlier in the evening and had arranged to purchase a large quality of narcotics later in the night. The perpitrator had insisted on an area that is known for heavy drug ativity and is extremely dark. Too dark in fact for us to really have agreed but......The perp arrived at the appointed time with another person. As we were discussing the deal it was beginning to become obvious that they had no drugs and had planned a straight rip off for the money they believed us to have to be used to purchase the illegal narcotics. As we were discussing the deal approximately three to four feet apart I "felt" or "sensed" his hand come up rather than being able to actually see it. As I stated in my previous post at that moment I thought I was dead. I had no way of knowing what type or caliber of gun it was but knew that at that distance there was no way he could miss. I was carrying IWB behind my right (strong side) hip and draw as I was recoiling back and his hand was coming up. My first shot was fired a fraction of a second after his....I think. I fired the other three as I was falling and hitting the sidewalk.
Even though the bullet bounced off it knocked the wind out of me and left me disoriented. I was surprised once I regained my composure that it was not injured any more than I was. The bullet left a small (.25") jagged puncture wound that was skin deep only and large purple bruise across my entire chest.

------------------
Gunslinger

I was promised a Shortycicle and I want a Shortycicle!

Page generated in 0.02793 seconds with 8 queries