View Single Post
Old January 28, 2014, 10:14 AM   #7
soloman02

Hello,

I know this is my 1st post but there was discussion of this on a regional board I frequent (Northeastshooters) and I wanted to bring your attention to this because while it is legal to ship to yourself federally, UPS and Fed-Ex have changed their policies to make it such that you cannot ship any firearm to yourself. Supposedly this change was made in mid 2012. The OP does not reflect this change.

Here is the new text from UPS:
Quote:
UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation only:
(a) between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies and
(b) where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law
  • (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector; and
  • (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res.../firearms.html

Here is the text from Fedex:

Quote:
1. Carrier will transport and deliver firearms as defined by the United States Gun Control Act of 1968, between areas served in the U.S., but only between:
  • i. Licensed importers; licensed manufacturers; licensed dealers; licensed collectors; law enforcement agencies of the U.S.or any department or agency thereof; and law enforcement agencies of any state or any department, agency or political subdivisions thereof; or
  • ii. Where not prohibited by local, state and federal law, from individuals to licensed importers, licensed manufacturers or licensed dealers (and return of same).
http://www.fedex.com/us/freight/rule..._articles.html

Frankly, it reads like an ATF agent coaxed them into changing the policy.

Also, my reading of this does indicate that someone with an 03FFL (C&R) can ship to themselves because technically they are "licensed."

Page generated in 0.02672 seconds with 8 queries