View Single Post
Old May 12, 2011, 12:04 AM   #177
WhiskeyTango

Quote:
Civilians who OC in places where OC is abnormal are attention hogs (again, my opinion). I judge them the exact same way I judge people with unnaturally colored hair, multiple piercings, excessive tattoos, neon colored cars and other "hey look at me" displays.

I support the right to OC. I also support discretion. Legal and right are not the same thing. The law decides legal. I decide right. And so do you.
I respect your opinion, as I too, judge excessive tattoo's ( though I have several) piercings, hair, dress and the like, but I'll ask you the same question I asked some posts' back. What am I supposed to do? I can't afford to get my CCW back right now, my wife is sick and we have bills to pay. A CCW cost almost $400 here in Colorado, and I just plain can't do it. So once again, should I not be allowed to protect myself just because I'm in a urban/suburban environment? I make sound judgment calls, like not carrying in chucky cheeses, as I stated before, and when I can't I have a hand built skinner in a kydex sheath on my belt, but am I supposed to carry a knife instead of a gun all the time because I can't afford to pay the ridiculous fees involved in obtaining a permit to carry a gun I should already be allowed to carry anyway? I understand you painting OCer's as attention hogs, undoubtedly most are, but some of us are just protecting ourselves in a messed up crazy world anyway we can.

Member-RMGO, Member-NRA, NRA Certified RSO

Page generated in 0.03762 seconds with 8 queries