View Single Post
Old January 14, 2010, 01:46 PM   #12
Daugherty16

More food for the Anti's

My thoughts and prayers are with the victim's families, and the whole community. This is a heinous crime, and a lot of lives have been forever changed.

Unfortuantely, the anti's will seize this as an opportunity to soapbox about more gun control.

No "extra" gun control could have stopped this guy's criminal acts. If he passed the NICS, he's allowed by law to have a gun. It became a crime when he shot those unsuspecting folks. Wouldn't have been any different if he'd used a knife or a baseball bat or a tire iron. He would still be charged with homicide and attempted homicide, held on no bond, and facing life or death in prison. But nobody would be calling for a ban on tire irons.

However, had just one employee been armed, perhaps fewer lives might have been lost. One persistent question comes up - when a workplace bans concealed carry, do they take on an affirmative responsibility to protect employees from violent attacks such as this?
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Page generated in 0.02404 seconds with 8 queries