View Single Post
Old March 4, 1999, 09:15 PM   #1
Mike Baugh

I just got back a 1911 that I had customized and sent to get hardcromed . I have used this company in the past on 3 1911's and have been very satisfied with their work , but this time I have a problem . I sent a letter with the gun asking for the entire gun to be bead blasted prior to plating . I also talked to them on the phone to let them know the gun was on the way and to tell them about the bead blasting . They said no problem we blast before plating . The reason for the bead blasting was I had to file , stone and polish certain areas to make them align and to remove some tool marks , I explained this in the letter and on the phone and said I was looking for a nice even finish . When I recieved the gun it had been very lightly vapor blasted [if anything]and you could see where my polishing had stopped and the factory finish had remained . I have a considerable amount of money in this weapon and I believe it should be done correctly . I am going to call the company tomorrow and see if he will redo the gun . The question is if he will not what would happen if I sent the gun to be blasted on top of the hardchrome . I doubt if the blasting will remove the hardchrome [I believe it has to be acid stripped] but I wonder if it would even out the finish . I thought some of you might have blasted hardchrome before and could give me your opinion . Thanks , Mike...

Page generated in 0.03306 seconds with 8 queries