View Single Post
Old March 9, 2014, 02:50 AM   #28
Theohazard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeFrog
I highly doubt the gun shops & FFL holders will be swamped with new orders/sales for SBRs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeFrog
I doubt many WA residents will even purchase the SBRs.
Where are you getting this information from? Silencers are already very popular here in WA, and SBRs go hand-in-hand with silencers: Adding a silencer to the end of a rifle can make it long and unwieldy; having an SBR makes shooting with a silencer much more manageable. And SBRs are especially practical with rounds like the 300 Blackout, which are very efficient out of a short barrel.

AR pistols with the SIG arm brace are very popular here in WA because -- until now -- it was the closest we could get to an SBR. And many people here used to buy short barrels and have a silencer permanently attached to bring the overall length of the barrel to 16". But now they can just go along with most of the rest of the country and register their lower as an SBR.

Unlike a silencer, an SBR is very easy to make yourself; all you need to do is engrave some info on a regular lower receiver and then go through the normal NFA registration process. That lower receiver can be used with any length barrel as long as you can easily switch it back to its officially registered barrel length. So for $200 you can have a lower receiver that can legally be used with any length barrel: That's not so bad in my opinion.

For decades, gun enthusiasts here in WA have been lamenting the fact that SBRs are illegal. Trust me, plenty of people here are going want SBRs now; I know I'm going to be registering an AR lower as a SBR as soon as I can, and I personally know a lot of other people who will be also.

Page generated in 0.03143 seconds with 8 queries