View Single Post
Old May 26, 2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Sure Shot Mc Gee

[QUOTE]I'm curious - as far as accuracy - did you notice a difference? And, did you try a reduced load of the 3F (maybe you couldn't as you didn't have an adjustable measure with you?) to see how/if the accuracy was?[/QUOTE]

Accuracy being the same? Pretty near the same. Maybe a paper hit a tad lower than usual was seen. Not all that much needing to really take notice of. At the time I just thought the difference was perhaps its bullet arch was flattening out some.

did you try a reduced 3-FFF load?
No I didn't. And I did have an adjustable brass powder measure along for this occasion.

By using a finer grain and shaking it down, you got in MORE POWDER.
Your correct ^ there. But as far as my tapping down of a per-measured powder habit. Doing the tapping thing assures me I'm getting a fully settled and compacted charge time after time. Perhaps 92 or 93 actual not compacted but (loose.)

Shooting of the two different B/ powder grades in my R-ball rifle. I probably wouldn't have noticed much of a difference other than its barrel report. But under heavy cast. Oh yes you do >take notice.

What I've failed to mention I guess to you fellows. The rifle I was using is a T/C Hawken stock 1-48 54 cal. that's sighted in for 100 yards with the use of Lyman Maxi Cast (only) while it's sitting a-top of a Ox-Yoke Wonder Wad. What seems to be is not always what it seems to be. Now you know the rest of the story._

Page generated in 0.02466 seconds with 8 queries