View Single Post
Old April 17, 2013, 04:12 PM   #99
Gaerek

Quote:
One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law. - Martin Luther King Jr.
Truth.

Quote:
I'd like to know where you found that not putting down a gun when an LEO tells you to was legal?
In many jurisdictions, he needs probable cause that the guy is doing something illegal in order to seize property, even a gun. He's not making a move for the gun. He's keeping his hands away from it. It's my understanding, in Texas, he would need probable cause in order to seize property (you know, that pesky 4th Amendment...always getting in the way of police work).

Granted, we don't know what happened prior to the filming, but based on what information we do have, and based on the video, what they did was not legal. Heck, even in the video, when Grisham asks why he's being arrested, the cops reply that carrying a gun like that scares people. I wasn't aware that was against the law either. They can't even articulate what Grisham is doing wrong...yet they still arrest him and detain his son? You're telling me that is within their rights? That sounds like a police state to me. I think we may be talking about different countries here...

I'm beginning to wonder if you even watched the video. I mean, in the Internet days, 13 minutes is like an eternity.

Page generated in 0.02903 seconds with 8 queries