View Single Post
Old January 25, 2012, 07:13 PM   #1
hellbent

Huppert 434 Burn-out Furnace

Good evening, many of you might see me as digging through the past, but I have a serious question. About the kiln mentioned above in the subject heading, does anyone have an instruction manual or know how to get the thing running? I have yet to find instructions on line and my requests to the company are clearly falling on deaf ears.....

The one I have has been used, parts of the refractory are cracked with some chunks missing(nothing major), and it does turn on, the coils light up and the thermostat reads about 150 or so....however, the label on the front instructs you to turn it to the right to start it. When you get it hottish, and go to move the knob to the left so as to reach appropriate temperatures, as soon as it hits the off direction, it shuts off. Am I supposed to let it get to a higher temp and then switch it in the right direction? If you try to spin it around in the same direction, it trips a shut-off. Is the unit broken or in need of repair and I just don't know it?

I'm trying to harden some 10/22 parts I modified, and am not willing to buy an oxy torch. This was free, and frankly I feel it is a sfer alternative.

Any help, would be greatly appreciated.

Page generated in 0.03758 seconds with 8 queries