View Single Post
Old October 22, 2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man

Tactical Tomahawk... tool or toy ???

was chatting with a bud the other day, & he was watching some military show, that they listed the top all time greatest military weapons, & the Tomahawk came up as 4th best military weapon of all time...

I argued, well Ok, it was formidable in the early days... but turns out modern soldiers are carrying them in Afganistan, & there are several military grade units being made... of course a search, mixes them up with the fantasy knives, so you have to sort the made in China from the good stuff...

I'm not much of a "knife" guy, but I do have several little axes... one in my field dress kit for splitting hips or sternum, one more of a camp hatchet, for splitting kindling...

lately I've been thinking of an upgrade to the old fashoned camp hatchet, & had begun to look at heavier Kukries ( a cross bettween a knife & a machette ) with an angled blade that drags the edge across the surface being cut... there are times I could use a machette, but I'm not wanting to strap on some big ol thing...

I'm not sure I'd actually train to fight with one, but it might be cool to have a more versitile tool, than the old camp axe ???

so what are your thoughts of these new Tomahawks, or "big chopping knives"... tool... or mall ninja toy ???

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; October 22, 2012 at 03:32 PM.

Page generated in 0.04017 seconds with 8 queries