View Single Post
Old June 12, 2019, 11:05 PM   #1
hogwiley

glock 19, which gen?

I've been missing my glock 23 since I sold it. I'm kicking around the idea of getting a glock 19 instead because of some lingering shoulder issues. I'm just not sure which flavor of 19 to get. The number one priority is reliability. Is one of the Gens believed to be THE most reliable currently?

I've ruled out a plain jane gen 3 since the newer gens all offer a superior grip, but I am considering an rtf2 gen 3 since a LGS has one available. The other two options are the gen 4 or 5.

I've held a gen 5 and although I kind of like finger grooves, I did like the feel of the 5. Maybe it was just the novelty of not having the grooves on a glock. I dislike almost every other gen 5 change though, especially the idiotic cut out at the bottom of the grip that everyone else seems to hate too. Im also not sold on the gen 5's reliability since its still a new design. The tighter tolerances of the chamber kind of bothers me, since its a radical departure from the tried and true previous gens.

I like the rtf2 the best, but its also the most expensive, since I can get blue label pricing on the other 2. I've also heard people complain about the grip texture for carrying. So far im leaning towards the gen 4.

Page generated in 0.02164 seconds with 8 queries