View Single Post
Old July 7, 2013, 06:41 PM   #76
jmr40

GZ didn't do everything perfectly. But the one thing that comes back to me is that Martin had evaded him. He was home free and only had to walk back to his fathers home. GZ had given up the pursuit. Whether or not he should have done that in the 1st place is open for debate. But he was returning to his truck when Martin, instead of walking home, walked in the opposite direction toward GZ.

Quote:
Initially I was under the impression he instigated a face to face encounter with a minor at night making him likely, in the legal sense, the aggressor and Martin the defender...
National news has skewed information from the beginning by selective reporting the facts they wanted out and not reporting information favorable to GZ.

GZ might well be guilty if he did in fact initiate the final confrontation. But local, trained LE officers investigated the shooting and found no reason to charge GZ. So far I've seen nothing from the trial that proves, or even casts much doubt on his story. But you never know how jurors will react until they come back with their verdict.

Page generated in 0.03642 seconds with 8 queries