View Single Post
Old September 18, 2011, 05:48 AM   #12
F. Guffey

Shredder 4286, These things go in circles, just two months ago the advise was ‘fire to form then neck size 5 times then full length size and start over’ and I said “How is that possible? When I do that the case has been fired 6 times, and that makes it impossible for me to start over by full length sizing” Then there is the effect on the case when hammered by all that PSI, some reloaders that measure before and after and keep up with growth from beginning to end find the case stops crushing/yielding and starts to harden after ‘X’ number of firings.

Dies? Ordering a die’ reminds me of ordering coffee, caffeinated, half caffeinated , decaffeinated mocha, light, dark, regular etc., when I order coffee, I want coffee and nothing but a cup. Same for dies, don’t get me wrong, I am not saying I do not have other dies, I am not saying I do not know how to use the other dies, I am saying I have not found a lot of use for them. I prefer the versatile full length sizer die, when sizing it can be adjusted from .012 thousands shorter than a full length/minimum length case (.017 shorter than a go-gage length chamber) to infinity in thousands. Then there is WHY? Again, time is a factor, case travel, I am a big fan of cutting down on all that case travel,

Annealing? Time is a factor, I make my own tools for annealing, heat travels and that is the reason time is a factor.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02050 seconds with 8 queries