View Single Post
Old October 5, 2009, 11:01 AM   #7
MLeake

Skans...

.... you go for it, big fella.

Just realize that the military teaches sentries to communicate first, before moving in to investigate mysterious persons. The warning to the JOC is considered more crucial than a one-on-x engagement, in case the engagement kills the sentry.

Also realize that cops usually wait for backup before moving in.

Cops and military sentries have body armor and training, plus radios and backup.

But you go right ahead and search...

Note: In the house, it would be hold up and let the person know that the homeowners were armed, and 911 had been called. I suspect most would leave. If not, there's a 12ga in the bedroom and an AR in the safe, and the intruders would be in for a very bad time if they pressed their luck.

The only time I'd consider searching would be if I heard something going on with the horses. May sound hypocritical, but there are risks I'll assume for living things that I would not assume for furniture or furnishings. Even then, I'd only go outside after establishing the significant other with a phone, a shotgun, and a handgun of her choice. And then I'd have cover during the approach to the open space around the barn, and a rifle in hand - plus a cell phone and headset, for staying in contact with 911.

And I'd make very sure the dispatcher relayed the fact that the homeowner was outside with a rifle, and provided responding officers with a description (to include the location of the hide site I was using to monitor the barn).

Last edited by MLeake; October 5, 2009 at 11:22 AM.

Page generated in 0.02598 seconds with 8 queries