View Single Post
Old November 2, 2008, 04:35 AM   #78
Striker071

OK first of all I am technically one of the trained professionals that would deal with a bump in the night or a silent alarm. I have done force on force training where a BG is in a warehouse and you are tasked with investigating it. It was a 50/50 split on the number of times I had a chalk cartridge make contact with my body. I was told that I was better than most at doing it because I took my time and was patient but it was very sobering to say the least. To think that every chaulk mark on me was a bullet that would have made contact with me in a real situation made me uneasy but learning the mistakes I made also made my mind a better tool to avoid that happening for real. EasyG... To ask where are all the men here ...well I for one am a man that would avoid putting myself in a situation outside my home not because I am not brave or beleive in right or wrong but to not put myself in harms way. Outside opposed to inside is a different story. In your own home you should have the tactical advantage by knowing the layout of your home but you cant take that away by rushing into a situation. If you have live stock that get killed by coyotes and the like I understand the need to check things out. The BG is outside... why invite a situation where you might get killed or injured. If you are the main person that will protect your family .... how can you put yourself in a situation to where now you cant do that. You are down ... now your family may be left wide open. I dont believe anyone on this forum is saying bend over and take it and be a molly milktoast. Why invite a situation to happen. If you actively explore that bump in the night you might just do that. Be Smart. OK the thought " Hey someone is taking from me what I have earned", what a TV.... stereo....those are material things... they can be replaced. Protecting your loved ones and yourself from bodily harm is a different story and then GOD help them because he will need to. People that have been in combat or active shooting situations usually try to avoid that at all cost because they learn from their experience. I knew a person in the military who once said to me "I'd rather be Stupid than Scared"... does that kind of thinking make sense.. you decide

Page generated in 0.02701 seconds with 8 queries