View Single Post
Old July 22, 2008, 08:55 PM   #25
Boncrayon

Break in, break heart

Any life ended is a tragedy. It rests on our ability not to put ourselves at risk. It also place us in protection of our lives and property.
My sons have never been been in a situation they had to violate another property with the intent to steal articles for their next "fix" at school. My sons do not find someone's elses property their own picking. If it were my son I had to identify in the morgue, I might feel differently. An univited intruder into my home breaking through the door or window will find me defending my life, my family (if present) and my property. I have little knowlege if the intruder is armed (he/she is already a criminal). Criminals have a tendency to protect thier own life, but have an uncany bravery (next "fix", etc.) or greed to do the crime. Some may be armed, some not. I am not inclined to blow away the intruder in the outside darkness. But if he/she comes into my house uninvited, I will assume I am in danger of attack with knife, gun, or other force. My force will be greater.

Page generated in 0.02843 seconds with 8 queries