View Single Post
Old January 11, 2006, 09:19 PM   #24
Tantrix

I admit, any bullet weight in .357 is gonna hurt....but in that caliber I suggest 145gr silvertips or 158gr in Gold Dot or Hydra-Shok. I have experimented with every bullet weight from 110gr to 180gr in .357 out of snubbies, and the better performers are the heavier ones. 110gr and 125gr have alot of flash and bang, showed bullet pull (jumping the crimp) in just about every airweight snubby I've tried them in, and are usually not as accurate.

The 145gr silvertips do really well accuracy-wise, but I did notice a little (not alot) of bullet pull out of those (none in my 2.25" SP101, but a friends airweight had a few) The Federal 158gr Hydra-Shok load is the most accurate one in my SP101 compared to all others I've tried, and they are crimped NICELY (no bullet pull in any snubby I've ever fired them out of, including airweights)

I'm not sure what revolver make/model you're using, so the accuracy/bullet pull may not be an issue for you. I suggest you try all different weights to see what works best in your particular revolver.

In my 2.25" Ruger SP101 .357 I use these:

Federal 158gr Hydra-Shoks

Page generated in 0.03383 seconds with 8 queries