View Single Post
Old August 20, 2001, 12:07 PM   #31
MAGon

Dave 3006: I read through the whole thread before I saw the video. Going by the heat in some of the arguments, I thought the video would be something dead serious. It therefore had a double impact on me when I finally did see it. It was hilarious!!! I darn near fell from my chair laughing!!! Good sense of humor, there, friend.
As to the thread, just my 2 cents worth: In my Shotokan dojo, during black belt only classes, full contact to the body is encouraged, no protective gear (Occasionally fist pads). Face contact is frowned upon, but it won't get you disqualified, you just have to deal with the consequences of a Dan rank opponent whose madder'n a wet hen!
I've been both the bigger and the smaller fella in more of these types of fights than I care to count. I have to agree that size and strength are the two most determining factors on the outcome of a fight, given two trained opponents of roughly the same level of skill. However, when the levels of skill are very disparate, technique wins out, provided that the more skilled opponent isn't a 90 lbs. stringbean!!

Page generated in 0.03040 seconds with 8 queries