View Single Post
Old August 28, 2013, 05:37 PM   #3
bedbugbilly

Listen to Doc . . . I know he's worked on a number of 'em.

Over the years, I've also run across the comments that ASM isn't any good . . . internals are crap . . . yadda, yadda, yadda

I've owned three ASM's - a '51 Navy, a '62 Pocket and I currently have a '61 Navy. All of them were well made and I never had a problem with 'em. The only reason I don't own the '51 and the '62 now is that I figured I'd "down size the herd" some. I used the '51 to trade for a Colt Army Special and I sold the '62 as I didn't shoot it that much. As far as my plans to "down size" . . . well I guess that will never work.

I'm sure that if you shot the heck out of one of 'em, at some point you might need to do some work on it . . . but the same goes for any other brand whether it be ASM, Uberti or Pietta. I'd have no problem in buying another ASM and shooting it. I passed on a ASM '61 Navy conversion in 38 spl once and I have always regretted it - it was a beautiful piece. Like many of the threads on the internet . . . everyone has an opinion . .. which they are entitled to. How many times do we see arguments about the quality of Heritage, Taurus, S & W, Colt and the list goes on and on.

It's nice to see thought, that Doc wouldn't turn away an ASM and he'd give it a good home . . I wonder how he feels about three legged goats? I have a herd of about 600 head or so that I'd like to get rid of . . . hmmmm . . . maybe I should check on what it would cost to ship 'em to his location "freight collect"?
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.03512 seconds with 8 queries