View Single Post
Old April 15, 2013, 03:13 PM   #97
gaseousclay

Quote:
I don't understand why a lot of you are seemingly ok with an NCIS check when buying a gun from a LGS but somehow buying a gun at a gunshow without a background check is somehow infringing on your 2A rights.
Quote:
I'm not OK with it. As MLeake pointed out, we have no data whatsoever proving that the Brady Law has done anything to reduce crime or violence. All the NICS system does is generate more paperwork, fund more payroll at the FBI, and often to wrongly delay or deny guns to purchasers.

The whole background-check system is a solution in search of a problem. It's a meddlesome failure of social engineering. Why would anyone want to expand upon it?
Could you guys explain to me how gun shows work? Enlighten me so I have a better understanding of how gun transactions are done. MLeake pointed out that FFL's still have to go through NICS while personal sales do not. I guess I feel that once you're in a public domain such as a gun show then 'private' sales are no longer private and should be subject to NICS. This is one of the reasons why I avoid personal sales through sites like armslist.com -- I have no clue whether or not John Doe is a complete nut job or not. I think it's incumbent upon us as gun owners to be pro-active and weed out the bad guys.

Page generated in 0.02457 seconds with 8 queries