View Single Post
Old January 16, 2013, 07:31 AM   #193
cws515

Unfortunately elections have consequences and the gun law just passed in NY (and soon across the rest of the NE) proves it. I wonder how many on this forum (from NY) voted for the present mayor, governor, (even president), and the state senators and congressmen, who voted to enact this abomination of people's right to defend themselves. Looking from the outside in I'm not sure the courts will be your salvation. E.G. the U.S. Supreme Court's decision to uphold Obamacare. The truth of the matter is the courts will uphold if they agree fundamentally with the law. They may throw out a few minor points of the law as a token to the masses but don't bet on it. The answer is at the ballot box at the ground level when the parties are selecting candidates to run for office. If you truly want change that is where you have to change it. That is where you need to ask the tough questions on things like the 2nd Amendment, state's rights, the role of the judiciary, etc. I feel for you folks in NY, you have a tough road ahead. Where I live we have some of the same problems but not to the depth and extent of your state. Liberalism is a social disease that will literally take generations to root out given its level of entrenchment in our schools and political system. I hope I live to see the day when we actually start putting liberalism on the run instead of just defending ourselves from it.

Page generated in 0.02228 seconds with 8 queries