View Single Post
Old September 6, 2011, 06:50 PM   #1
KChen986

930SPX v. 590A1 Help me with my next Purchase

Hey All,

Sold an old 590A1 that I owned (ghost ring sights, side saddle, etc.). Reason being that I bought it used and it was very worn. I've been looking for a replacement since. I have a Mossberg 500 Tactical, and I want something a little more versatile.

In a general purpose shotgun, which one would you pick? I consider the 590A1 to be dead nuts reliable and a good beater shotgun that would come in handy without much maintenance. On the other hand, the 930SPX is in the same price range and holds just as many rounds if you ghost-load the shotgun. In addition, the 930SPX is semi auto--only major draw back is that I hear it has to be cleaned every 300 rounds or it will start to malfunction (not that I ever plan on shooting that much in 1 session, it's just over cumulative sessions I'd like something that can go bang without much maintenance).

I will be setting up the shotgun with just a tactical type 2-point sling and a weapon-light. The shottie may pull trunk, bedside, or clay-breaking duty. Which one would you pick?

Page generated in 0.02213 seconds with 8 queries