View Single Post
Old March 28, 2011, 12:06 PM   #6
Hog Buster

Thanks guys for al the information on the round ball weight. I hope that I didn’t cause any of you brain damage in figuring this out. Pythagoras would be proud of you all. I was hoping that someone would just toss one on a scale and give me the weight.

I intend to take a Lee round ball mold and make a cast net sinker mold out of it. I’ll drill a hole between the mold halves, insert a removable pin and then cast a round lead ball with a hole thru it.

It should give me a sinker weighing about 1 ounce (437.5 grains) or close thereto. At 1.5 pounds per foot of net length I’ll then divide the number of sinkers by the number of stitches in the nets circumference for proper spacing. Plus the round ball will fit between the stitches readily.

Why go to all this trouble to make a cast net sinker mold? Because you can’t buy one already made. You can buy egg sinker molds everywhere, but the hole is too small for cast net lead lines and these molds are too hard too modify easily, I know I’ve tried.

Page generated in 0.03036 seconds with 8 queries