View Single Post
Old October 8, 2010, 11:48 AM   #25
Brit

Looking back

In reading these many-many stories/instructions/lesson plans. And of course, "Point shooting is the only way" OR "They would not have put sights on the things, if you were not supposed to use them"

Target shooting, is the most wonderful way to start with the hand gun.

This is where you learn the sight alignment, moving the trigger, and not disturbing those sights, follow through, repeat shots. Then compressing all of those components of marksmanship, via all of the dry fire/drills/different distances/light/and lack of light. Till you are hitting all the time, in the most efficient time frame possible.

A step back if you would... take your pistol in to the kitchen, strip it to its smallest part... Take the the 4 components of the cartridge, cartridge case/primer/powder/and BULLET!

The only part, component on that table that matters, is the projectile/bullet.

If you can not place that 127g +P+ WW Ranger 9mm (in my case) into a vital area, and enough of them to do the job, you are making noise.

The target club I belonged to in Toronto Canada has a Plaque above the Range door, on the Club room side.
It has my name, with the top center fire score ever fired (still) in the 100 year plus that the club has been open, 298 out of 300 I was 40 YOA then.

And using that same skill, but in IDPA, last month, I came 12th out of 61, in a club match, but what is worth noting, I will be 75 YOA, this month.

Page generated in 0.03341 seconds with 8 queries