View Single Post
Old January 10, 2019, 01:12 PM   #1
Uncle Malice

Glock 19X broken striker

I've heard for years about broken strikers in Glocks due to their use of MIM parts. I never had an issue in mine.... until now.

During my usual dry-fire practice this morning, my 19X trigger didn't reset. I racked the slide... no reset. I thought maybe a spring broke to tried pulling the trigger forward manually... it caught on the safety... but depressing the safety popped right back. So I pulled the slide off to find this.

The tab on my striker broke off. Most of the issues I had heard about were usually with the tips breaking off. The gen5 strikers were even beefed up due to breakages. This shouldn't be happening. The gun has about 500 rounds through it from one class and maybe 1500 or so dry fires.

I called Glock to try and get a replacement and they said they would not send me one. They said I would have to go find a certified Glock armorer to get it replaced or just order one from Glock Store. This was my first attempt at ever using Glock customer service, which I had always heard good things about, but I have to say - this left me less than impressed.

I do live near(about 15 miles from) Glockmeister, so I called them. They said they would replace it for $55. If I wanted to, they could order a warranty replacement to avoid the charges, but it would take 7-10 days and I would have to make 2 trips.

So at this point, the gun is down and not functional. Glock won't send out a replacement part unless it goes to an armorer.

Everyone loves to dig at HK Customer Service but I've had nothing but stellar experiences with them.

I know this is a bit of a fluke. I'm NOT saying Glocks are bad - though I do wish they would start using forged parts. I still love Glocks, but this has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth on their customer service.

Last edited by Uncle Malice; January 10, 2019 at 01:21 PM.

Page generated in 0.03998 seconds with 8 queries