View Single Post
Old October 16, 2013, 12:38 AM   #15
Tejicano

Strong side carry is not a realistic option for me so I either carry cross-draw, in a shoulder holster, or in a bag made for carry (separate compartment designed to carry a pistol).

I know that many people say off body carry is just wrong but I believe that if one a) has proper situational awareness and b) has good deliberation one can carry this way and be armed before a situation goes too far south. Besides, with a well-designed bag I can have my pistol in hand and ready to draw without even signaling that I am armed.

I have never lost something I was carrying under any situation – I cannot imagine having my bag + gun not on my person if that is where I am carrying. Besides, with my bag I can carry my FN FNP Tactical with 3 X 15 round magazines which would be difficult to conceal properly in any other rig.

Also, until both my boys (still toddlers) are old enough I will not be carrying any firearms on a belt. They are still at a stage where they sometimes want to be carried – which means little hands grabbing at my waist.

Page generated in 0.03762 seconds with 8 queries