View Single Post
Old October 26, 2010, 10:04 AM   #20
tulsamal

Quote:
In Oklahoma the max CCW caliber you can carry is 44mag. anything bigger is illeagle!
I'm not sure why you threw that in there. Back when I took my CCW class, the maximum was .45. But that's "bullet diameter." I find it annoying actually since I would like to have a .480 Alaskan in my truck..... but that's not really the point in this context. "Bullet length" or foot pounds of energy, etc, isn't regulated.

Quote:
Recheck your Oklahoma self defense act. In Ok if you have a CCW you can legally carry a rifle or shotgun with a loaded magazine in your vehicle. You can't have a round in the chamber of a rifle or shotgun however. You might also look more closely at the at pistol. There has been some discussion on the Oklahoma shooters forums whether an ar pistol actually qualifies to be carried as a pistol.
OK, I would really like to dig up the truth right here. This is the second time I've seen this. I was looking at an Appleseed shoot being held locally and they were listing out possible laws people should be aware of. And they said loaded magazines for a rifle in the car were OK if you have a CCW. They provided a hot link to the law. Which I went and read. Including every other law that was linked. The linked law said it was legal to have loaded handguns in your car when you have a CCW. I read it back and forth and that's all I could see. I'm rarely happy about being wrong but I really hope that I am. Can somebody actually provide me with a link to the OK law in this case? Please?!

And I don't get the last sentence at all. An AR pistol or an AK pistol or any other kind of pistol is still a handgun. I wouldn't want to try carrying one under my coat but it sure as heck should be legal to carry loaded in my car. It should be covered by my CCW. I don't see how that can be in doubt? IMO, that could only be an issue if some OK law actually "defined a handgun" in a different way than the Federal definition. I think it is Michigan that does that but I've never heard of OK doing it?

Gregg

Page generated in 0.02400 seconds with 8 queries