View Single Post
Old October 14, 2021, 01:31 PM   #19
oldbadger

Mr. Rittenhouse could have easily avoided the venue he was in altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Oscar 7 View Post
Mr. Rittenhouse could have easily avoided the venue he was in altogether. He chose to be there. The entire situation was a manure show and bad things happen in manure shows. I see both sides of the argument and I see where it is none of my business. Again, he chose to involve himself in a chaotic situation and now he will pay the consequences. All of my formal firearms training has focused on how to avoid lethal force. You are truly guilty until proven innocent when you use a firearm in defense of your life and your loved ones. I carry every day. I am carrying now but it is not a subject I take lightly. The sad reality is you can do everything right and be in the right but still be prosecuted in some jurisdictions. I wish the best for Kyle Rittenhouse. Learn from his predicament.
Do you ever go out of the house without choosing to do so? I agree that the whole situation is a manure show, but even going to a convenience store in some areas might be the same, but we choose to go buy some soda. My understanding is that he went to help and, in fact, did so in some situations. He apparently wisely chose to go armed as you do (you said that you do) or things might have gone differently for him. People make choices...not all are smart, but he should not be killed or harmed because of a legal choice. He is not guilty of a crime in this setting until proven so by a jury. I would not have gone either unless I chose to go to help those who I know might be injured. You are right....in some situations he could still be in trouble civilly....and there are solutions that might mitigate that risk. What will happen to you should you have to defend yourself with deadly force if you venture out of the house?

Page generated in 0.02404 seconds with 8 queries