View Single Post
Old June 13, 2018, 02:34 AM   #3
Carl the Floor Walker

The LCP Gen 2 is a hammer fired pistol. The LCP ll is a striker fired. I have been shooting he LCP's since they first came out. Owned 4 of them. Still own one, seldom shoot it. (have moved on to better built pocket gun).

I personally believe the LCP Gen 2 had a much better trigger for CCW. In fact, I would not ever buy a LCP ll. Just too dangerous. There were many heated debates over this issue. Many have been posted on this forum. And these debates ran like wild fire on the LCP forum a few years back.
I feel I know the LCP as well as anyone, maybe better having put thousands of rounds through them. First of all, forgetting the trigger for a moment, and talking strictly about the gun, I have always felt the gun would would be better suited for the 32.cal.
The LCP's just do not hold up to a lot of ammo down range. And as any pocket gun, they need frequent range time to shoot well. The aluminum sub chassis just does not cut it. And Ruger did nothing to re-enforce the frame, like steel inserts at the stress points. Or better yet, make the gun out of stainless steel.
The LCP is terrible on recoil with a notorious high five snap.

So, while I personally would not care for the 32.cal, but if I was, the LCP Gen 2 would make a nice pistol for someone desiring that caliber. But NOT the LCP ll.
A light crisp trigger on a pocket gun never made any sense to me. These are NOT TARGET guns.
And while I do not own the Keltc P32, I have shot them many times, and agree with the poster that said "There is nothing wrong with the P32 trigger".

Last edited by Carl the Floor Walker; June 13, 2018 at 02:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.02415 seconds with 8 queries