View Single Post
Old May 18, 2018, 01:55 PM   #13
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
A 150 gr bullet is too light for subsonic work. You really need to be 180-200 gr range. Barrel twist will play a large factor in determining your ideal weight.
For what use???

Quote:
You want to be at about 1020 fps .
Below the approx. 1100fps sound barrier, I get that, what I don't get is WHY?? (yes, I know about the "crack" when a supersonic bullet passes close enough to a solid object, I just don't get why one needs to avoid that, outside of special military applications)

Maybe its because I'm from a different era, but I fail to see the point in subsonic loads in transonic calibers. Back then, we called them "gallery loads" and often used round balls or cast bullets, and certainly never "wasted" good jacketed bullets on low speed loads.

I don't get how some people are always saying how poor a manstopper ANY handgun is, yet shooting a special low power rifle round (that doesn't even match the .30 Carbine) is the greatest thing since sliced bread....

You certainly can do it, if you want, and every cartridge has a use, but compared to the greater effectiveness in the field of full power loads, or more powerful rounds, I have to wonder why bother??

Page generated in 0.03570 seconds with 8 queries