View Single Post
Old February 4, 2018, 03:01 PM   #10
fourbore

The process seems clear enough, but; it did take some reading. I have a concern that no one else has raised.

I am not as worried about getting screwed on price like some of the cynics. Not all at. CMP (and DCM) set prices have always been fair. The auctions go high. Probably some of the disingenuous complainers who are on line trying to drive down the demand. Nice try. I expect no different on pricing fairness for these than prior firearms. I sure trust CMP more than some gun broker hustler.

We are limited to one pistol per year per person. Now I dont want two, but; but, I want a good clean example as much as possible. They are selling 100,000- maybe more. I say maybe because apparently a decision has been made to sell all the 1911 and not have any in storage anywhere. That is excepting, new pistols issued to special users, if there is such a thing. Ok, a large number of 1911's coming down the pike. If I jump at the best grade that remains when my number gets pulled within the first 8,000, that group could be something like the prior mentioned Afghanistan lot. I pay, get a so-so-ok gun and then whamoo! there are better guns offered. Same year, I am screwed. I am locked out. If, next year, I am paying twice! That is if I can even get one ahead of first time applicants.

I will add something else. I hear a lot of political veteran this and veteran that. They should give any veteran who want one a free 1911 - not to be resold. Or 1/2 price, head of the line. A real benefit. More than better bed sheets on the way out. Just my 2c, and I am not a vet. If out of line, I will delete.

Page generated in 0.03445 seconds with 8 queries