View Single Post
Old January 8, 2023, 12:09 PM   #6
ocharry

ok bill we can go with that...but when i was young and didnt know any better i used the stuff for everthing and i have personaly seen it (WD40) glue moving parts so tight they would not move.....so maybe in the last 50 or so years they have changed the formula or maybe not, or maybe i still just dont know what i am talking about...(i used WD40, but hell it could have been any oil that got used by the original owner)...and im OK with that...either way my money is on some kind of oil drying up and has things stuck together

first clue is the OP said the lever latch was stuck into the tang..and the hammer missed the sear or wouldnt stay cocked..that tells me the gun has been sitting closed up for a long time..or i guess it could have been disabled,so you could be the rifle man and fan it really fast, but most ...not all, dont shoot commemorative guns much they get to be queens and sit around and then one day someone says hey lets shoot the purdy one...and the queen pukes cause things are stuck and the springs cant move the parts like they were supposed to

i still use WD40...but not on guns..YMMV

ocharry

Page generated in 0.02472 seconds with 8 queries