View Single Post
Old December 31, 2022, 03:09 PM   #5
44 AMP
Staff

Sorry I can't confirm the cure. What I can say (to a point) is that the Auto Ord guns made after Kahr took over are slightly different than the guns made earlier.

According to one Tommy gun guy I spoke with (years ago, now..) Kahr had changed the gun, from a threaded barrel to a press fit barrel, and that bugged him, because, as he put it, "the first thing that wears out is the barrel!" and he could no longer change them himself. The press fit gun had to go back to Auto Ord (Kahr) to get a new barrel installed.

Its not impossible that other changes were also done, and that MIGHT be why the website says "must be installed by gunsmith". Or it could just be CYA for Kahr, I don't know.

The Tommy gun I had was Auto Ord made, but came with a Kahr manual. I think it was one that had been built before Kahr took over and was packaged and shipped by Kahr shortly after they took over.

The really "wonky" internal design was the result of trying different things to make the ATF (of the day) happy that it couldn't be "readily converted" to full auto, so they would approve manufacture.

Hope you get yours up and running, but I'm afraid I can't offer anything beyond good wishes. Good Luck!

Page generated in 0.03351 seconds with 8 queries