View Single Post
Old July 6, 2009, 06:27 PM   #137
jon_in_wv

It took 14 stitches in my face to close the wounds from a friendly St. Bernard that trotted up with its tongue out and tail wagging. It was my own dog too. It gave me one quick nip and let go. If it was intent on hurting me seriously I have no doubt it would have done very, very severe damage. Saying that you'll "take a dog bite" from a large dog before you would shoot is pure ignorance. You may not get a CHANCE to fire a shot after that first bite. I doubt I could have fired with half of my face removed. (I got 6 stitches where the tooth entered next to my right eye socket and 8 stitches on the left side of my jaw) With that logic I should obviously get shot or stabbed before I shot in self defense too right? Or are you guys seriously posting on the internet that you value the life of a dog more than a human and would me more likely to shoot a human for a perceived threat than an animal? That would play very well in court indeed. Good luck with that.

My life is not there to trade with a dog's. If it threatens me I will defend myself as I would any threat. To do otherwise could be a grave mistake. Just my opinion.

Page generated in 0.02876 seconds with 8 queries