View Single Post
Old September 6, 2007, 08:38 AM   #22
mattro

Quote:
newerguy: Robberies and car jackings CAN lead to a loss of life, but RARELY do.
Quote:
newerguy: If the robber is armed, it's pretty good odds that the victim isn't getting hurt. If it's a stong arm robbery, the victim is typically going to get roughed up, but not really hurt. Same with car jackings.
Quote:
newerguy: you are more likely survive if you give up your money and either let the robber go, or get away on your own.
Quote:
you are going to die or kill someone else sooner than if you play the odds.
If you want to play these odds, that is your choice. I choose not to put someone's life in the hands of 'odds'.

Quote:
newerguy: Saying that every robbery should be ended with lethal force would be like saying that doctors should automatically amputate every limb with a rash or infection.
I didn't here anyway say every robbery should end in lethal force. Also, Docs don't amputate first because they can monitor most problems with different types of treatment without risk of immenent loss of life or limb. We don't have that luxury with a lethal encounter. If a doc sees immenent loss of limb or life, they will quickly amputate. So will I.

Quote:
No. The law, which is society acting collectively through is legislative body and courts, imposes no duty on private citizens to assist anyone
Your right, the law puts no burden on me to help. I put that burden on myself. If someone doesn't have that burden, they should not intervene.

Cops are held to a higher standard than citizens btw.

Page generated in 0.03120 seconds with 8 queries