View Single Post
Old April 29, 2013, 10:01 PM   #120
Malamute

Quote:
...I tell you one thing, I bought a 9mm handgun partly because "you can get ammo anywhere". Ditto my .22LR rifle. Now I find myself wondering if I should have bought a .40 and a 17HMR. Hehehe...
Well, another way to look at that is, more people have 9's and 22's, so if buying stuff at the store was entirely out of the question for some reason, you'd be more likely to find 9's or 22's from somebody.

This "shortage" is a demand spike issue. The ammo companies are making tons of the stuff, most people just dont see it sit on the shelf, since so many people are in freak-out mode and buying it whenever they see it. It's a situation that feeds on itself. If people stopped buying everything they saw, the "shortage" would be over in no time, and prices would be back to normal (with normal inflation levels). Most large suppliers have prices at normal levels still.

I mentioned 380's because I think somebody else did. They are about $35/100, or $22/50 at wal mart. Other shops have it also. It's about the only pistol ammo besides 45 Colt that wal mart has on the shelf most of the time when I go in.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Page generated in 0.03405 seconds with 8 queries