View Single Post
Old November 12, 2020, 02:30 PM   #26
Cosmodragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl the Floor Walker View Post
I thought the 327 would be a nice gun to go along with my 22 and 9mm. That is until I shot one. My Gosh the 327 is loud. I mean loud. It would IMO blow out a ear drum if you had to use it especially indoors without protection. Plus ammo expensive and hard to find. I love the 9mm. I can shoot it often and cheaply. (pre-virus days). Shooting for fun and frequently is a big benefit of the Snubbie. The only way I would get the 327 is to have the 9mm for range work and only carry the 327 with 32 cal Hr in it. Not sure that is worth it to me,
Recoil in the 9mm is this side of pleasant before going harsh. Easy to shoot 2-300 rds per session.
I think if it was just 6 rds I wanted, I would try the new Taurus. I have never owned one, but have shot them at the Club I belong to. Nice little guns.
It is loud but so is .357 magnum. The real benefits of .327 Federal are decent power levels with more manageable recoil than .357 magnum, the option of going down to any of shorter thirty-twos, and having a pocket-sized six-shooter.

That third benefit is pretty solid on its own. If it means taking advantage of the second benefit and using .32 H&R Magnum, why wouldn't it be worth it? There are lots of people who carry an LCR or other small revolver in .38 special. I think .32 H&R Magnum is similar enough to .38 special in downrange effect. The difference between five and six rounds feels significant.

I don't know the Taurus model in question but does it ride as well as the LCR in a pocket holster? Does it feel as good to shoot? Is the trigger as nice? These are all things that make the LCR great.

Page generated in 0.02690 seconds with 8 queries