View Single Post
Old June 3, 2018, 06:33 AM   #19
Bfglowkey

Mossberg MVP line has a couple decent shooting .223/5.56 but can ramp up in price quickly. I picked up a MVP LC for my daughter and she loves the thing. Axis entry without the Accutrigger is a nice rifle but the old trigger is what some may call "Abysmal". In the 7lb range abysmal. There is a guy selling a trigger mod kit ( spring replacement and instructions etc for like $9.99 or something like that. Plenty of videos online from fun fella's like the Social Regressive, showing how to do the mod on your own. T/C Compass's felt decent in the hand and the bolt is a hidden gem in smoothness category. Threaded barrel is a bonus for such a entry level rifle. The barrel is just so thin to me and the stock suffers the same flimsy issue as many of the others ( Savage Axis, Rueger American etc ) but with a little work you can stretch its use by hand shaving a little here and there. A small bump in price point and the Savage 12 FV from Cabela's is a monster of a deal but if you do not want a 26" barrel to lug then stay away. Accutrigger is pretty good and sets down below 2lbs. Also it is an internal mag which people love and hate if your hiking to hunt. If you are setting up shop on your land to play whack a mole or coyote ugly it is a true gem ( very fun at the range as well ) The Rueger Predator line brings the price point up a bit more but also gives you a slightly heavier barrel then the American base line, threads your barrel and honestly the el cheapo stock with those bedding blocks is a pretty ingenious set up for getting the longest use out of the factory setup. Trigger adjustment is decent and you can bring it down to 3lbs. I think biggest complaint is the "zip" sound the bolt makes in the early stages of its life...I sort of like it but my daughter hated it.

Page generated in 0.02253 seconds with 8 queries