View Single Post
Old October 11, 2010, 06:30 PM   #12
WW2

Progress report

I let the gun sit in the holster for two solid weeks. Upon trying to draw again, still had the same problems.

So, I tried the belt tightening suggesstion. It helped a very little bit; not enough to call a success.

Then I tried the hair dryer suggestion. I heated the holster with the UNLOADED gun in it. I inserted a quarter between the trigger guard and the outside of the holster making sure that the quarter was not under the retention bump that goes in to the trigger guard when the gun is holstered. After letting the holster and gun cool to room temperature, I tried the draw again. Once again, it was a bit better, but not good enough.

Next I tried the "snatch and grab". Only if I pulled hard enough during the draw to have the momentum carry the gun nearly to my head was I able to consistantly pull from the holster. If I added a forward push as I snatched the gun it did help.

Finally, I worked the gun in and out of the holster a large number of times. I noticed that if I immediately tried to draw after several cycles of drawing, the gun came out well. If I let the holster "rest" for about 10 seconds it once again had a death grip on the gun.

Conclusion: All of the suggestions helped somewhat, I guess I just need to "wear it in"; or get a better retention type holster!

ps: Sorry, I did not try the Silicon spray as I think this will make the gun slippery and cause me to throw it at my target upon drawing!

Page generated in 0.03370 seconds with 8 queries