View Single Post
Old June 20, 2009, 07:08 PM   #105
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai30047
I can't believe that a gun oriented site like this attracts sooooo many pacifists. Your property is being stolen and you stand by and do nothing? Calling the police and video taping is basically doing nothing. Reminds me of the towns folk in the movie "High Plains Drifter". Too afraid to do the right thing.
You know, I'm thinking almost the opposite:

I can't believe that a board like this has a cardinal philosophy of having a community dedicated to the discussion and advancement of responsible firearms ownership only to attract soooo many gung-ho chest thumping kill 'em all let God sort 'em out enthusiasts.:barf:

Your car stereo is being stolen and you want to shoot 'em up if they laugh at you? This is basically going to accomplish nothing. Well, I guess it would accomplish a few things. You being arrested, cough up money for bail (if you are granted one by the judge) and an attorney. Pretty sure you're going to be broke by the time it's all said and done. That won't matter since you'll be enjoying an 8x8 cell shared with fellow cellmate by the name Bubba (or whatever name he makes you call him). Kinda reminds me of fans that fantasize being their favorite professional "wrestling" superstar; gratuitus physical violence without even the need for referees...

Whatever chest thumping one may think they'll do, we have laws of the land to abide by. Yak all you want on what's perceivably right in your mind. But when the dust settles, you have to be responsible for your actions as set in the State and Federal laws. On top of that, when the anti-gun crowds get ahold of the story, we all look like a bunch of hooligans.....all for a stupid, lousy stereo. Now, tell me. What good does it really do by carrying out your way?

Oh, and IIRC, nobody in High Plains Drifter gathered incriminating evidence, called the authorities, and kept their eye at a safe distance with a firearm just in case their life was in imminent danger...

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.03562 seconds with 8 queries