View Single Post
Old November 16, 2019, 10:47 AM   #10
lee n. field

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
Haha, real shooting huh? As someone who routinely shoots semi-autos with red dot sights, I'm clearly not in Kansas anymore.

I picked up the J frame last night and put 50 inaugural rounds through it. I already shoot it much better than any pocket .380.
That was my experience too. I actually picked up my first snub earlier, shot reasonably well with it. Then bought an LCP. Found that just wasn't as much fun to shoot, decided I'd rather have 5 of .38 than 6 of .380, and went back to the Taurus 605.

Quote:
I've read that the Crimson Trace laser grips are kinda chintzy feeling plastic.
I have 2, both larger grips, one for the Taurus small frame and one for the j-frame. Both acquired in the last 6 months. Love them. Maybe the smallest size boot grip is plasticy. These are not. Rubber, quite pleasant to use, even without the laser. And using the laser, I can make good hits quite a bit further out than with the iron sights.

Ignoring color differences in the grip and laser, CT has, I think, 4 different j-frame options.

Your Mileage May Vary. I have pretty big hands.

Quote:
I've held the Hogue grips before, super comfortable but much larger and seem to negate the super concealability of the small revolver.
I like larger grips, but never cared much for the Hogue rubber grips. Just always found something else I like better. Right now, the above mentioned Crimson Trace grips.

Quote:
I would be open to lightening the trigger pull.
Shoot it a bunch, dry fire the crap out of it, before you muck with the trigger.

Quote:
will definitely put a coin on the top rail and practice the trigger squeeze.
"Meh." (Lasergrip helps a lot with this. Just keep the dot steady.)

Quote:
I will also have to learn how to draw and present without automatically taking a semi-auto support hand position, as I really don't want to burn my hand!
You'll get used to it.
"As was the man of dust, so also are those who are of the dust, and as is the man of heaven, so also are those who are of heaven. Just as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the man of heaven. "

Last edited by lee n. field; November 18, 2019 at 03:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.02868 seconds with 8 queries