View Single Post
Old June 24, 2018, 10:31 PM   #5
McCarthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal H View Post
Actually, there is a quote button of sorts associated with each post, and I just used it here. Push the icon at the bottom right of a post to go to the "Quick Reply" window. Then check off "Quote message in reply?" to add the post text to your post. Note the small icon next to the quoted member's name - that is a link to the entire quoted post.

The main problem with a reply-with-quote function is that some members use it all the time whether they really need to quote a post or not. Then they add a short reply. They almost never edit the quote to include only the text they needed to quote. Multiply that 10 or so times per page, and frankly, it gets really annoying.

Ok, lets try this.

EDIT: Wow, that really works. I have never "seen" this checkbox because I didn't expect this feature to be in that spot. Most other forums have a direct quote button right next to each post, I'm just so used to this pattern and concluded that this forum doesn't have it all.

Alright, I can work with this. Thanks for digging around.

Photos and quotes are covered. That like button hack would be something, but I won't push it any further.

Thanks again Mal!

Last edited by McCarthy; June 24, 2018 at 10:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.02170 seconds with 8 queries