View Single Post
Old April 23, 2019, 10:53 AM   #43
F. Guffey

Quote:
I have a big white box of factory W 45 ACP on a counter open for 3 months. They shine like apples in the grocery store. How did the factory ma0ke them like that? That is what I am after.
Quote:
How did the factory make them like that?
I do not know.

I have a few boxes of Twin City 45 ACP with early 70s date stamps, that would be close to 50 years ago. The cases look as good today as they did when the ammo was loaded. It had nothing to do with being bored but I checked the cases, I waved my magneflux 'spelling?' machine over the open box when to my surprise all of the loaded rounds jumped out of the box and stuck to the magnetic.

I though I had found a bargain on 9mm loaded ammo, the dealer I purchased the ammo was loosely wound (an opinion). I asked him if there was anything I needed to know about the ammo before I fired it.

He explained to me he assumed it was plinking ammo and then he described his experience with it the first time he shot it. He said he fired it inside of his shop 'once' He claimed the bullet hit, bounced and ricocheted off of ever piece of metal in his shop. And then he went on to say he swore that bullet passed him 5 times. And then he cautioned me, he suggested if I decided to shoot the three boxes of ammo I should shoot and duck. And that reminded me of Buddy Ryan.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.03668 seconds with 8 queries