View Single Post
Old March 14, 2018, 02:16 PM   #59
COSteve

Why would anyone assume that you need a 'weapon of war' as a civilian? The facts are that none of us are going to need a weapon for an armed attack, need to defend ourselves against a Zombie, or be part of a military unit (again). Being in a militia that may spend time playing 'war' might be fun but that's all it really is, playing.

If there ever is a need for one of us to defend ourselves and/or our loved ones in a time of civil unrest or from attack by criminals, the smart thing will be to call the police while you are defending yourself until they get there. (Yes, I agree that when seconds count, the cops are minutes away.) Taking a person's life in self defense doesn't lesson the impact the act has on you. Those of us who've been forced into it in battle will never forget the toll it takes on our humanity.

So, the rifles we might pick are almost always going to be used for recreation. One should keep that in mind. Nothing wrong with a military style rifle but one must remember, we aren't in the military anymore. Those of you who are in a job that requires firearms, I'm sure that the organization has requirements for the type and style they outfit you with. So, in truth, our arms are part of a hobby. Not unlike golf or hiking. All of my collection was picked with recreation in mind. Yes, I have military style weapons, however, they are mostly for nostalgia. M1 and M1 Carbines in honor of my father, M1A and AR in honor of me. The Mini above is 'just because I can' so I can enjoy shooting the 5.56 rd in a comfortable platform. (While I have 2 myself, I'm not a real fan of the AR.)

Page generated in 0.02384 seconds with 8 queries