View Single Post
Old October 31, 2013, 04:28 PM   #62
jimbob86

Quote:
A .22 revolver is a fine place to start; a semi-auto will take a lot more effort, and can wait until he learns the basics.
I don't see where a semi-auto like the Ruger Markwhatevers or the Browning buckmark would take any more effort than a wheelgun. They are single action guns with small grips that fit small hands pretty well. They are less complicated than a bicycle as far as controls, so I'm sure a kid could master it-mine all have.

Quote:
friend offered an interesting rifle: He won a Marlin 882L in .22 Mag in an IPSC competiton.
Of the 3 marlin rimfires at Rancho '86, the last one purchased (the 15ys) has an atrocious trigger- heavy and squishy. It was purchased just 2 years ago, IIRC ...... Remlin? The other two have seen significantly more use, particularly Eldest's gun, which is almost a decade old. It's bolt and trigger just keep getting slicker and slicker.

The Savage Cub is my favorite of the bunch, but the gun's owner never became a really enthusiastic shooter..... she's far more interested in boys .....

Last edited by jimbob86; October 31, 2013 at 05:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.02311 seconds with 8 queries