View Single Post
Old April 28, 2010, 06:54 PM   #30
Enoy21

Great post !! AKA " F-N COOL ! "

I love the psychology studies .....

Reading that last article made me think of the video 3 posts below :

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5e6_1271936781

Was that a car in the background ? House lights ? Street lights ?

Had you been driving by when that went down , would the policemen have had the consciousness to not continue firing ? ( 13 shots 1 hit target )

I could never blame him if he didn't. Imagining myself in that scenario I could see how completely easy that would be. I would hope his training would make him much better than I am at that perceptual recognition .... but I could totally understand if he didn't.

We had the same drills in our Hunter education class where we watched a video and were asked to answer if we could shoot or not at the end of each scenario......

95% of the class missed the other hunter running down the hill right behind the deer sprinting across the field.

Now my only response beyond that is that I failed terribly at all the video tests.

And secondly , couldn't the same be said for the " suggestive comments " ? In that we were TOLD in atleast one of the video's where to focus. We weren't allowed to just let our focus do what it would , but to specifically focus on a given object , thereby us dismissing the others from perception ( the Gorilla is the one I'm thinking about )

As another "Matrix" Reference ( as in one of those links ) Had they not told us to count the balls ...... Would we have missed the Gorilla ? ( when the oracle mentioned the flower pot ) Had they said " Watch this video and pick the most aggressive target " Would so many of us have failed ?

Had they said " Watch this video and tell me what you see" ? How many might have seen the Gorilla ?

In the second one we had camera tricks Zooming in and removing the "active" visual changes from our perception..... Had they showed the entire scene without zooming or camera angles changing .... How many of us would have seen an instant change in clothing ?

Very interesting concepts and alot of Valid points .... but both of those seem to be related to misdirection or lack of true availability to see the entire picture.

Last edited by Enoy21; April 28, 2010 at 07:47 PM.

Page generated in 0.02916 seconds with 8 queries