View Single Post
Old February 3, 2010, 07:37 PM   #8
MosinM38

HiBC:

The new 180B uses the same design as the old one. I got a rail that's supposed to fit. It's pretty tight, absolutely NO side to side slop, but a hair up and down. I haven't heard the problem from anyone else...so...I figure either my rifle's mount is off, or the Stormwerkz rail is not right.

Walt Sherill: I'll keep it in mind, THANKS! I'm looking over a LOT of stuff/options right now, including my final topic.

I've considered two options:

#1. I wanted a steel base. *Buzzer sound*. I looked and no one makes one Everything is is 6061 Aluminum bar stock. That peeves me, why can't anyone make a steel one?

#2. I would like to drill and tap it.
Problems/possibilities.
The front of the mount would do no good. It's a solid contact there, it's teeter-tottering up and down at the rear of the base, and very front of the mount.

I can't D&T the back of the mount/base, because of the spring holding it on. I know if it's D&T'ed, I wouldn't need the spring, but I'd hate to mess it up....Then again, it'll be messed up if I weld/solder/mix/etc. it to the gun.

I could D&T into the receiver.... But the sheetmetal looks pretty thin do to that. I will look closer however, there might be room between the bolt carrier and top...

If there's any more suggestions, or thought's I'm still interested I greatly appreciate all the insight I've received so far. On something like this, I figure it's best to move Sllooooowwww and get a LOT of advice before permanently drilling, melting, obliderating,etc. my rifle.

Page generated in 0.02951 seconds with 8 queries