View Single Post
Old March 12, 2006, 12:54 PM   #8
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
I also found out from the dent in my large lensed shooting glasses and a dull headache that the scope WILL smack you a GOOD one if you treat the WM like a bench rest rifle. Without those glasses, it would have been suture time. I've seen people who had absolutely no experience with heavy calibers cut open their brows when using no eye protection with a .30-06 (???)
Been there, done that; got the scar to prove it .

It wasn't a heavy magnum though; it was a friend's Remy 700 in .308. I thought the scope looked like it was mounted a bit far back, but shrugged and shouldered the weapon. I was paying attention to the sight picture and not the eye relief, squeezed the trigger, and thought I got punched by Iron Mike Tyson with a horseshoe in his glove . I gotta hunch there's a lot of people here sporting similar scars .

Moral to the story: When you mount a scope, make sure it's far enough forward before you tighten down the rings .

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie

Page generated in 0.03669 seconds with 8 queries